Tuesday, October 16, 2007

Week 7: Obedience - The Acid Test of Love

Making it Personal



If we were completely honest, many of us would admit that we already know one or more specific steps of obedience we need to take in order to return to the Lord. Perhaps there is something God has told us to do that we've not yet done; something we continue to do that we know is not pleasing to Him; or some limit we have placed on what we're willing to do for Him.



Pause for a moment to pray. Ask God to show you any matters where you are not walking in complete obedience. Ask Him to bring you to a place of willingnesss and surrender, as you consider the following "obedience quotient" questions.



1. Is there anything I know God wants me to do, that I've not yet done? For example,



__ forgiving someone and being reconciled to him or her?

__ calling or writing to encourage a Christian brother or sister?

__ honoring my parents?

__ devoting more time to my spouse or children

__ getting out of debt?

__ getting of some matrial thing that has captured my heart?

No comments:

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online