Friday, September 21, 2007

Week 3: Honesty - Silence is Not Always Golden

Below I have place an excerpt of day 5 of this week's lesson

Making it Personal

Honesty with God

"Behold, You desire truth in the inward parts" (Psalm 51:6 NKJV)


  • Do I often participate in corporate praise and prayer while my heart is cold, indifferent, or resistant to the Lord?
  • Are my prayers honest? Do I say words that I think will impress God, or do I honestly communicate my real feelings and desires to Him?
  • Do I serve God out of a heart of genuine love and devotion, or do I have a subtle, secret desire to be noticed and applauded?
  • "Do I love the truth so much that I actively and regularly ask God to search my heart and to reveal anything that is displeasing to Him?

Honesty with Myself

"But be doers of the word, and not hearers only, deceiving yourselves" (James 1:22)

  • Are there truths in God's Word that I know in my heard or that I "preach" to others but am not practicig in my life?

Honesty with Others

"Therefore, having put away falsehood, let each one of you speak the truth with his neighbor; for we are members one of another" (Ephesians 4:25)

  • Do I sometimes seek to create a better impression of myself than is honestly true?
  • Am I covering up sins fof my past rather than dealing with them biblically?

No comments:

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online