Friday, September 7, 2007

Seeking Him Devotional

For September 7, 2007

Restore My Soul
(phone ringing)

"Hi, honey. The mall was packed, and now I'm stuck in traffic. I should still make it to pick Lindsey up from soccer, but do you mind sticking the pizza in the oven? I have such a headache."

Nancy Leigh DeMoss: It sounds like she needs to be reminded of Psalm 23. It says, "The Lord is my Shepherd, I shall not be in want . . . He restores my soul" (verses 1 and 3). So often I find myself giving out and giving out without taking time to get back to the still, quiet waters where my Shepherd can restore my soul. I end up running on fumes, reacting to the smallest annoyances out of frustration.

But when I spend time in the Word and in prayer, God calms my spirit. He slows down my racing pulse, and He gives me fresh perspective and strength to serve Him.

Is your soul in need of restoration today? Maybe you need some alone time with the Good Shepherd.

With Seeking Him, I'm Nancy Leigh DeMoss.


This transcript is taken from the nationally-syndicated
daily radio program Seeking Him with Nancy Leigh DeMoss.

No comments:

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online